Articles about mastering
Technical articles about audio mastering. The different techniques (analog, digital, stem mastering…), the various files and distribution channels, the modern and vintage sound, the monitoring system, the mastering chain and much more.
- Audio mastering: what is it?
- Stereo and stem mastering: the differences
- What is the DDP image
- Near field vs. far field monitoring
- Some differences between digital and analog mastering
- Mastering for vinyl explained
- The sound of analogue tape
Technical articles about gear. Reviews about digital plugins and analog equalizers, compressors and limiters used in the past or in the present by Warm Mastering.
- Chameleon Labs 7720: VCA stereo compressor
- Some good free audio plugins
- Chameleon Labs 7802 compressor
- Focal Alpha 80 audio speakers
- Tube equalizer: TL Audio Eq1
- Mastering equalizer: SPL Stereo Q
Audio mastering masterpieces. Reviews about the best sounding albums ever.
- Afterhours – Quello che non c’è (2002)
- The best mastered albums
- Dinosaur jr. – Hand it over (1997)
- Massive Attack – Mezzanine (1998)
- Alice In Chains – MTV Unplugged (1996)
- Kyuss – Welcome to Sky Valley (1994)
- Erykah Badu – Live (1997)